Looking for Graphics Cards?
Back Order Terms & Conditions
Why are graphics cards so hard to find?
Due to the extended worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, there has been a prolonged stock issue on all GPUs (estimated delay for the next 12 to 18 months)
The biggest reason for the lack of supply is an ongoing global shortage of silicon chips. Computer chips, also called semiconductors, are mostly made from an element called silicon. Because of the pandemic, the world's largest semiconductor manufacturers, such as Samsung, were forced to slow or halt production entirely. This stoppage in production, coupled with the rising demand for consumer electronics like computers and gaming devices also driven by the pandemic, has made it difficult for manufacturers to meet that demand.
We have the following solution based on this current situation:
We have been hard at work finding a solution for the worldwide graphics card shortage. The following is not an ideal solution, but under the circumstances, this is what we can offer all our customers interested in purchasing graphics cards. We have managed to negotiate with our supplier to provide the following 2 options:
- Component Allocation – Backorder
- The Graphics Card is a standalone component.
- ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) +/- 8 months. (Please note that this ETA cannot be guaranteed)
- Integration Allocation – Backorders
- The Graphics Card, Mother Board, RAM, SSD, PSU, and chassis to the GPU.
- ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) +/- 4 months. (Please note that this ETA cannot be guaranteed)
The difference in ETA's between the (Component Allocation – Backorder) and the (Integration Allocation – Backorders) is that the received stock is allocated equally between the two different Backorder types. As a result, the Integration Allocation – Backorders list is a lot shorter than the Component Allocation – Backorder list, resulting in the Integration Allocation – Backorders list getting fulfilled much faster.
What are the Backorder Terms?
- A deposit of 10% must be paid on acceptance of the Quote.
- 50% of the deposit will be forfeited should the order be canceled.
- Final invoice value may vary from the quoted amount due to fluctuations in Forex, etc.
- Delivery will only take place upon full settlement of the final invoice.
- Estimated Time of Arrival +/- 8 months. (Please note that this ETA cannot be guaranteed).
- By accepting this Quote, you also accept the above terms & conditions.
1. A deposit of 10% must be paid on acceptance of the Quote.
Do you have to pay upfront for the entire order?
- No, we know that it can be costly to pay upfront for these graphics cards, especially if you will only be receiving your order at an estimated time of arrival of +- 8 months.
- You will, however, be required to pay a 10% deposit of your entire order value.
- Part of the 10% deposit is refundable if you choose to cancel your order in the future.
- We will, however, charge a cancelation fee of half the value of your deposit if you decide to cancel your order.
If you want to place a backorder for graphics cards to the value of R100,000.00, you will be required to pay an R10,000.00 deposit. In addition, if you cancel your order, we will charge you a cancelation fee of R5,000.00 (half the value of your deposit).
Why do you have to pay a 10% deposit to place a backorder for our graphics cards?
- We are charging a 10% deposit to prevent customers that are not serious about purchasing our graphic cards from placing orders.
- In a nutshell, serious customers will be willing to pay a 10% deposit, and not-so-serious customers will not be willing to pay a 10% deposit.
2. 50% of the deposit will be forfeited should the order be canceled.
Why do you have to pay a cancelation fee of half the value of your deposit if you decide to cancel your order?
- Once again, we will charge a cancelation fee of half the value of your deposit if you decide to cancel your order.
- This is to prevent customers that are not serious about purchasing our graphic cards from placing orders.
- Admin costs are incurred on our side for every back order we place, like preparing quotations, placing orders, updating customers on their order statuses, receiving funds in our account, updating the books, our reputation with our supplier, etc.
- Our suppliers incur the exact costs.
3. Final invoice value may vary from the quoted amount due to fluctuations in Forex, etc.
Why will the final invoice value be different from the quoted amount?
- Because of the long lead times of the Graphic Cards, it is impossible to determine what the price will be in 8 months.
- This is due to fluctuations in Forex, the Rand vs. the Dollar, which will influence the landing cost of the Graphics Cards once they arrive in South Africa.
When will I know what the Final invoice value is?
- +- 2 Weeks before the Graphics Cards arrive in South Africa, my supplier will quote me on the latest price.
- They have informed me to make a provision of +-10% for the current price of Graphics Cards, compared to the future price.
- This means that in 8 months, the price might be 10% more or 10% less than what the price is today.
4. Delivery will only take place upon full settlement of the final invoice.
- +- 2 Weeks before the Graphics Cards arrive in South Africa, I will contact you and provide the Final invoice value.
- The final invoice value will be the latest price as provided by my supplier, less your 10% deposit already paid.
- Once you have paid the balance, your order is secured, and delivery will take place.
5. Estimated Time of Arrival +/- 8 months. (Please note that this ETA cannot be guaranteed).
- It is not possible to determine when you will receive your Graphics Card order.
- At present, based on the size of the backorder list for Graphics Cards and the amount of stock the supplier receives monthly, it is estimated that delivery will take place in +- 8 months, from the date the orders are placed.
- From our side, we will send you a monthly email detailing your position in the queue for back-ordered Graphics Cards.
6. By accepting this Quote, you also accept the above terms & conditions.
- You will receive your pdf Quote via email and also a link to view your Quote online.
- From your online Quote, you can accept, decline, comment, or print.
- If you want to proceed with the order, you have to accept the Quote online.
Let Me Show You How
If there is anything we can assist with or if you require any additional information, please don’t hesitate to contact the For Real Deals Team – We are more than happy to help!